5 SMS or Mobile Facts You Need to Know
So many of us are used to having our mobiles around nearly 24 hours a day that it’s easy to forget it’s still a growing industry. And though SMS has been around for over two decades, the ways we use it and people’s willingness to use it continue to grow. So for this blog I picked out five facts about mobile communications and SMS messaging that really make the case that SMS for business has come of age. Let’s see if you agree.
- People value their mobile more than pleasure. This one sounds kind of crazy but when asked what people would give up to keep their phone people were willing to part with simple pleasure items before giving up necessities. Here’s what they would be willing to forgo:
- 70% alcohol
- 63% chocolate
- 33% sex
The next item people in the survey would give up is their toothbrush, but 22% would still go that far!
- SMS messages get read faster than emails. According to SAP, 76% of respondents to their survey say they will read a text message sooner than an email. If you want your message to get noticed quickly, SMS is the way to go.
- People like getting text messages from organisations. In SAP’s survey 70% felt SMS messaging is a good way for organisations to get their attention. Another 64% thought businesses should use SMS more often to communicate with them. More and more people are becoming comfortable with text messaging as a main form of communication. Why not take advantage of that?
- Relevant SMS marketing can increase sales. In an Ipsos observer survey 64% of people said they’d made a purchase based on a text message they received that had a relevant offer for them. These consumers were already subscribed to mobile marketing from the companies involved. Email can only dream of reaching response rates like that.
- A variety of offer types work well. Whether you send a price based, time sensitive, or location based offer, your response rates will still top 50%. The Ipsos observer study showed 66% of people will act on a price based offer, 52% to time sensitive offers, and 50% to location based offers. No matter how you look at it, those are awesome response rates.
So what do you think? Can we say SMS marketing is hitting its prime or is it still just beginning? Take a look at our Mobile Marketing Guide for more ideas.
Many organisations are looking to operate in a more environmentally friendly way. This includes everything from their office supplies, materials used in creating their products, and also choosing suppliers and vendors that are also environmentally aware. And now, SMS.
It’s the time of year when we wish friends and family Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. But how will you send your greetings? Should you be traditional and send a card, or follow the new trend using SMS messaging? This blog can help you decide.
While it’s undeniable technology is a growing part of our everyday lives, it may be surprising how few of us ever turn it off. Or leave it behind. Most people rarely 'unplug' from their mobile devices. This provides unparallelled opportunities for marketing, especially via SMS text messaging.
Consistent double-digit conversion rates are a hallmark of SMS marketing. Is it all because of mobile coupon redemptions, or can it be used for other marketing objectives? We’ve got examples from different industries and objectives so you can decide for yourself in this latest Results Series blog.
People like SMS messaging. They really do. In a variety of surveys and studies, consumers continue to say they like it when companies use SMS to communicate with them. Let's look at some of the data that proves it to be true, and also how to make sure your company is using it correctly for customer support communications.
What do 5,000 marketers from ten different countries say about SMS? It’s great, and we’re going to do more of it. Well, that’s the gist of the results in the Salesforce 2015 State of Marketing Report. Mobile marketing has taken a central place in most company’s strategies, and SMS is a growing part of it. Here are some key statistics from the report.
SMS messaging is one of the most effective mobile marketing channels. The proof is in the data, of course. In this blog post, you’ll discover how many opt ins businesses get, and how quickly they get them once they give SMS messaging a go.
If you find yourself needing to justify putting budget towards SMS marketing or convincing your manager that it's the right decision for you, here are some key research statistics to keep in mind for why you should pursue an SMS campaign...
According to Internet Retailer, data conversion rates for text messages are double that of email when the link goes to a mobile responsive landing page. Even with a small list, this can result in a huge increase in sales, signups, lead generation, contest entries or whatever the goal of your campaign is.