Christmas SMS Marketing for Wine Merchants
With just days left until Christmas, Britain’s thriving wine merchants are now well into the busiest time of the year with sales expected to reach record levels if figures for the last couple of years are anything to go by. According to Decanter, a leading wine magazine, English wines are now experiencing exceptionally high sales – with its sparkling varieties even threatening to soon rival Champagne as the must-have fizz.
Although many will have already completed their festive wine shopping by now, much more will be out to buy in the coming weeks – especially those who have yet to decide on the right bottle or case. With the stakes so high, it is up to wine merchants to win these customers – and SMS Marketing could be the secret weapon in the arsenal.
So how can wine merchants use SMS Marketing to make the most of the remaining few days of festive sales? Here are some tips from our team.
Why Choose SMS Marketing?
There are several good reasons wine merchants should consider using SMS Marketing. Here are some of the advantages:
- Communicate with customers in real time
- Provide useful information that the customer can access from the palm of their hand, even while out shopping
- Supports links, allowing customers to instantly learn more about products and offers using their smartphone
- Exceptionally high open rate – almost 100%
- Significantly higher clickthrough and conversion rates than email
- Much more personal than email
- One of the most popular channels for retail marketing communications
How to boost last minute wine sales with SMS Marketing
There are several simple to implement strategies that will help you to boost wine sales over the festive period. Here are some tried and tested approaches that have been proven to get great results.
- Discounts: Many customers are willing to go that little bit extra and splash out for the best quality wine they can afford within their budget. With such willingness to spend, offering the right discount can help to steer customers to those lines with the highest margins, whilst also encouraging the customer to spend that little bit more. Discounts can also be a great way to encourage cross-sells and upsells to further increase profits and ROI.
- Special Offers: No doubt your customers are shopping around for the best offers – so make sure they know about yours! Whilst emails and other marketing channels may be largely ignored, SMS messages almost always get an immediate response – and might just be the nudge a customer needs to choose your store over the competitors.
- Sales: If you are running any last minute festive sales, then SMS Marketing is the place to share them. There is a sense of urgency in SMS that simply isn’t generated through any other medium, making it a perfect platform to get those customers through the door. Plus, SMS appeals to the impulsive nature of many shoppers.
- Loyalty Programs: Do you run a special wine club? If you do, then use SMS messaging to thank your customers for their loyalty in the last year and wish them the best with some special loyalty rewards, such as members-only discounts or bonus points on purchases. If you don’t already have such a scheme, now is an opportune moment to set one up and get those customers signed up. Just remember to get their express consent to receive SMS Marketing communications in the process – click here to learn more about the rules on opting in.
- Festive Lines/Products: Inform regular customers when you have new seasonal or gift wines due to come in or in stock and give them the website link to view. Even better, invite them for a taster session to really whet their appetite.
- Order & Delivery Status: Whether you’ve ordered a single bottle of the best vintage or a crate of the best bubbly, one thing your customers will want to be sure of is that their beverages are safely on their way. Put their minds at rest by keeping them updated by SMS. This is also an ideal way to keep customers updated if they have ordered wines for collection in store.
- News & Tips: One of the biggest problems many wine lovers have at Christmas is pairing the right bottle with the right menu – so why not give your customers a helping hand this Christmas and share some expert tips? You might also want to share your recommendations for the best bottles for different occasions, and other such seasonally relevant recommendations.
With our easy sign-up and exceptional customer support, you can be ready to get your Christmas SMS Marketing campaign underway in no time. To find out more about how we can help you to grow, call our team of experts now on 0800 945 5305.
If you've considered SMS marketing to new and existing customers by text message but dismissed it, it really is time to think again. SMS continues to outperform and outreach all the newer models of communication designed to replace it. The latest competitor to run into difficulties against business text messaging is mobile internet advertising.
In my last blog I looked at five reasons you want to use SMS messaging in your business. In this blog we're looking at the same topic, just from the consumer's point of view. For example, how do you really know your customers want you to send them messages via SMS? Isn't email or a phone call good enough? Is it worth your time to learn how to use SMS messaging in your business?
One of the greatest advantages of SMS marketing is how fast it is. You might be thinking I'm talking about the almost instantaneous delivery rates, or how quick it is to write a message and send it to your entire list - but this time we're talking about how fast you can get results.
Global brands are increasingly taking advantage of a Short Message Service (SMS) to connect to customers and improve customer communication and engagement. This trend is taking root amongst small companies too, as they grasp the potential to not only communicate effectively in real-time but use SMS to save time and money in their customer relations procedures.
So many of us are used to having our mobiles around nearly 24 hours a day that it’s easy to forget it’s still a growing industry. And though SMS has been around for over two decades, the ways we use it and people’s willingness to use it continues to grow. So for this blog I picked out five facts about mobile and SMS that really make the case that SMS for business has come of age. Let’s see if you agree.
SMS messaging can be a one-way, or a two-way affair. Sending coupons, sale notifications, or event announcements are all one-way messaging. The recipient doesn’t need to reply in order to use the information sent. In two-way messaging though, recipients can reply to your messages. And that makes it much more interesting, engaging, and potentially a lot more work to manage.
Setting New Year's resolutions for your business can be risky since it feels like you're only really setting yourself up to fail. It's much better instead to try and focus on one achievable goal and do everything to succeed and improve in that area. With its meteoric rise to popularity and outstanding success in 2016, businesses should be using 2017's welcome reprise to integrate SMS marketing into their business development strategy.