Christmas SMS Marketing for Wine Merchants
With just days left until Christmas, Britain’s thriving wine merchants are now well into the busiest time of the year with sales expected to reach record levels if figures for the last couple of years are anything to go by. According to Decanter, a leading wine magazine, English wines are now experiencing exceptionally high sales – with its sparkling varieties even threatening to soon rival Champagne as the must-have fizz.
Although many will have already completed their festive wine shopping by now, much more will be out to buy in the coming weeks – especially those who have yet to decide on the right bottle or case. With the stakes so high, it is up to wine merchants to win these customers – and SMS Marketing could be the secret weapon in the arsenal.
So how can wine merchants use SMS Marketing to make the most of the remaining few days of festive sales? Here are some tips from our team.
Why Choose SMS Marketing?
There are several good reasons wine merchants should consider using SMS Marketing. Here are some of the advantages:
- Communicate with customers in real time
- Provide useful information that the customer can access from the palm of their hand, even while out shopping
- Supports links, allowing customers to instantly learn more about products and offers using their smartphone
- Exceptionally high open rate – almost 100%
- Significantly higher clickthrough and conversion rates than email
- Much more personal than email
- One of the most popular channels for retail marketing communications
How to boost last minute wine sales with SMS Marketing
There are several simple to implement strategies that will help you to boost wine sales over the festive period. Here are some tried and tested approaches that have been proven to get great results.
- Discounts: Many customers are willing to go that little bit extra and splash out for the best quality wine they can afford within their budget. With such willingness to spend, offering the right discount can help to steer customers to those lines with the highest margins, whilst also encouraging the customer to spend that little bit more. Discounts can also be a great way to encourage cross-sells and upsells to further increase profits and ROI.
- Special Offers: No doubt your customers are shopping around for the best offers – so make sure they know about yours! Whilst emails and other marketing channels may be largely ignored, SMS messages almost always get an immediate response – and might just be the nudge a customer needs to choose your store over the competitors.
- Sales: If you are running any last minute festive sales, then SMS Marketing is the place to share them. There is a sense of urgency in SMS that simply isn’t generated through any other medium, making it a perfect platform to get those customers through the door. Plus, SMS appeals to the impulsive nature of many shoppers.
- Loyalty Programs: Do you run a special wine club? If you do, then use SMS messaging to thank your customers for their loyalty in the last year and wish them the best with some special loyalty rewards, such as members-only discounts or bonus points on purchases. If you don’t already have such a scheme, now is an opportune moment to set one up and get those customers signed up. Just remember to get their express consent to receive SMS Marketing communications in the process – click here to learn more about the rules on opting in.
- Festive Lines/Products: Inform regular customers when you have new seasonal or gift wines due to come in or in stock and give them the website link to view. Even better, invite them for a taster session to really whet their appetite.
- Order & Delivery Status: Whether you’ve ordered a single bottle of the best vintage or a crate of the best bubbly, one thing your customers will want to be sure of is that their beverages are safely on their way. Put their minds at rest by keeping them updated by SMS. This is also an ideal way to keep customers updated if they have ordered wines for collection in store.
- News & Tips: One of the biggest problems many wine lovers have at Christmas is pairing the right bottle with the right menu – so why not give your customers a helping hand this Christmas and share some expert tips? You might also want to share your recommendations for the best bottles for different occasions, and other such seasonally relevant recommendations.
With our easy sign-up and exceptional customer support, you can be ready to get your Christmas SMS Marketing campaign underway in no time. To find out more about how we can help you to grow, call our team of experts now on 0800 945 5305.
With consumer spending on Britain's 57 million furry friends valued at over £4.5 Million and all the signs showing that this is only going to increase, there has never been a better time for the sector to invest in marketing - and SMS marketing should be top priority. As pet owners spend more and more time pampering their pets and investing in pet paraphernalia, the opportunities are infinite. SMS marketing is one of the best ways to ensure that your offers get seen - and in most cases, instantly. With its low costs, exceptionally high open rates and above average response rates, SMS Marketing offers huge potential for ROI.
Discount codes, limited time sales, special exclusive pricing...you may have seen, or used, all of these in a text message campaign. For retailers, it is the most obvious and direct use of SMS marketing. It works and it's cost effective. But are there other ways you can put your SMS channel to work for you?
Imagine this: Someone wears a red nose, wine glasses filled before noon, and everyone’s talking about mobile marketing. That was the Mobile Marketing’s 6th mCommerce Summit in NYC last week. I’ll get to the red nose and wine a bit later. First I’ll share some takeaways about mobile marketing from the presenters by sharing it with you the way I saw it.
Almost any business, or even a not-for-profit company, can take advantage of the frenzy of sporting events, like The Olympics. Especially when you combine it with mobile marketing. That’s because there are plenty of fans, and their devices, here in the UK.
E-commerce businesses have a huge problem. Consumers fill up their shopping carts, then rudely abandon them before completing a purchase. Of course, they don't mean to be rude, they have their reasons for leaving a full cart behind. But what if it were possible to get some of those sales back?
Have you seen articles telling you SMS marketing can’t be used to acquire new customers? Or that it isn’t a good way to so? Don’t believe them. You just have to know how to use SMS to get new people to sign up for your list. Read on to find out how.
One of the great advantages of SMS: it's completely trackable so you know exactly how your campaigns are engaging your opted in customers and clients. And if you’re a small business, operating in a specific geographical location, then that local knowledge can be invaluable in targeting your campaigns to a local audience.
SMS coupons have redemption rates ten times email coupons. Averages run around 30%, but they could be as high as 45% for personalised messages. Even with those great numbers, retailers can still lose money to fraud. Find out how make sure customers only redeem your coupon once.
Uncertain economic times and an ever-extending holiday retail season is apparently making Brits less excited about the “usual” sales. But don’t worry, find out how SMS marketing can help you boost sales even in the face of retail fatigue.
How many retailers use SMS messaging? According to a recent survey, not that many. And that isn’t the only surprising result shared in the survey conducted by Internet Retailer. Companies large and small know how useful SMS can be. Read on to see why now is the perfect time to start.