What Can You Do with MMS Messaging?
Did you know you can send more than text in an SMS message? Well, technically it isn’t an SMS message if it isn’t text. Instead, the multimedia messaging service, or MMS for short, is an extension of the SMS core functionality. It allows you to send short videos (40 seconds or less), images or audio over mobile networks just like an SMS message.
Read on to see some examples on how you could use MMS messaging, as well as see how the multimedia messaging service works with fastsms.
You’ve probably had situations when someone was explaining something to you, but you still couldn’t visualise what they were talking about. At times like those, a picture or video would certainly help right? Here are a few examples of how MMS messaging could work for businesses facing that same situation.
- Maintenance – Plumbers, electricians, mechanics all need the proper parts to complete their work. If they’re out on a call and don’t have the right part, they could take a picture and send it back to the main office using MMS messaging. The right part could be ordered and sent to the location when and where it’s needed. This can be much faster than looking up part numbers in a manual, or trying to describe a part to someone over the phone.
- Insurance – When customers file a claim, they could send pictures or a short video of the situation to their agent via an MMS message. This can be easier for both the agent and the customer than taking pictures and emailing them later. MMS messaging is often much faster than email, and is guaranteed to arrive when sent over reliable networks.
- Estate agents – Ever have a client that knew what they wanted, but couldn’t really describe it to you? Ask them to send you pictures of houses or features they like as they drive around looking at properties. It will help you narrow in on the right properties, and also help them communicate what they really want.
A great reason to use MMS for mobile marketing is because it’s as easy as sending a text message for your customers. They don’t need to download an app, log into Facebook, or go to a website. The easier it is, the more participation you’re likely to have. Here’s a short list of possibilities:
- Photo contests – Ask your customers to snap pictures with their iPhone or Android devices and send them to you for a photo contest. An example might be to take a picture of their favourite product you sell, or a selfie in front of a special display in your restaurant. The Coinstar company (they run those machines where you put coins in and get cash or vouchers back) had a contest where you send in a picture of how you spent the money you got from their machines for a chance to win more money (I saw this when I was in New York City recently. They actually had people post to Facebook, but an MMS message would have been better!).
- User generated video – Creating good content is one of the main challenges of a business’s online presence. But one sure way to get some is to have your customers create it for you. MMS supports short duration video. Your customers can send in video snippets they create to your MMS phone number (or virtual mobile number actually) as part of a contest or just to show their support. Many people will provide content just because they might be featured on your website or Facebook page. Once you get the short videos, you can share them individually or create a montage of them all. Your customers will love seeing themselves!
- Audio content – Customers can send you a short audio testimony about why they love your product, or their favourite thing to do at your resort, restaurant, or location. If you’re really crazy (in a fun way of course) maybe run a contest for a new brand jingle. Fans can create a new jingle for you right on their phone and send it to you via an MMS message.
MMS messaging with fastsms requires you have a MMS virtual mobile number (VMN). The VMN lets you send and receive SMS messages and receive MMS messages. Our web-based service, NetMessenger, lets you manage your SMS messaging just like you’d manage your email. If you receive MMS messages, you’ll get those via email or they can be forwarded to a URL.
We’ll make getting setup to use MMS messaging easy for you. Both new and existing account holders can contact us about getting an MMS VMN and arrange the message delivery details. We do all the work of configuring it for you. We’re available on live chat, email, or phone to answer your questions or to get you started.
With a ratio оf fоur mоbіlе devices tо еvеrу computer, іt’ѕ сlеаr where your сuѕtоmеrѕ аrе to be found. Mоbіlе mаrkеtіng is nо longer ѕоmеthіng уоu саn аffоrd to put оn the tо-dо-lіѕt fоr thе futurе; you need tо make sure your message is reaching people on mоbіlе dеvісеs nоw. SMS Mаrkеtіng is the perfect solution - it hаѕ proven to іnсrеаѕе сuѕtоmеr engagement tо unрrесеdеntеd levels and is incredibly low priced. Read on to discover 5 rеаѕоnѕ whу сuѕtоmеrѕ love SMS Mаrkеtіng.
Is there such a thing as a "perfect" SMS message? Yes, there is, but there isn't just one example of a perfect message. There are so many uses for SMS messages that each of them would have their own perfect example. How many different types are there? This infographic includes a short list of some types.
Uncertain economic times and an ever-extending holiday retail season is apparently making Brits less excited about the “usual” sales. But don’t worry, find out how SMS marketing can help you boost sales even in the face of retail fatigue.
Earlier this month I attended an online webinar session covering topics related to SMS. One of the presenters produced some interesting statistics. I wanted to know more, so I went to the original source and found some great news for everyone using SMS as a key part of their mobile strategy.
If you are looking to get going with SMS marketing it's worth learning a bit about the "tricks of the trade" so you avoid the common pitfalls and get off on the right foot. Read about three important marketing concepts that will maximise your success in this venture.
So many of us are used to having our mobiles around nearly 24 hours a day that it’s easy to forget it’s still a growing industry. And though SMS has been around for over two decades, the ways we use it and people’s willingness to use it continues to grow. So for this blog I picked out five facts about mobile and SMS that really make the case that SMS for business has come of age. Let’s see if you agree.
SMS messaging offers some of the highest click through rates in mobile marketing. But did you know it could be even better? See how one retailer improved their click rates by offering their customers different options in their messages. Then see how you can do the same.