Outlook Mobile Service (OMS) – Send SMS via Outlook
Outlook Mobile Service is the new feature in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 that allows you to create and send text messages as well as multimedia messages to a mobile device from within Outlook in the same way you would email messages.
Your messages are still sent through FASTSMS routes, assuring you of the highest delivery rates available.
With the addition of a Virtual Mobile Number you can manage all your SMS communications within Microsoft Outlook alongside your email, seamlessly.
As an existing FASTSMS customer all you need to do to start using OMS is login to NetMessenger, go to your Profile and select the OMS tab – now follow the on-screen instructions.
What our customers think…
“I’ve been looking at sending texts to my customers for a while now from within Microsoft Outlook but with little or no success.
Unfortunately I’ve discovered the hard way that there are a lot of companies touting this service out there and confidently talking the talk but when it comes to walking the walk their Outlook integration simply doesn’t work.
FASTSMS have refreshed my faith that there are people out there offering affordable, technology driven business solutions at affordable prices with excellent customer care.
I’ve been positively nurtured as a new customer and made to feel that my custom is important which has been a very pleasant surprise given my recent experiences with other companies.
I now have a solid and cost effective mechanism for sending texts out to customers from within Microsoft Outlook and am receiving texts back as emails using a Virtual Mobile Number FASTSMS have set up for me.
They couldn’t have been more helpful in getting me set up and I’m really delighted with the results.”
Big Byte Production Ltd
Want to know more…
Although Outlook doesn’t offer the same breadth of features as our NetMessenger interface, it does offer the unique opportunity to synchronise much of your communications as well as forward things like reminders and appointment details to your mobile as a text.
Here are just some of the features of note that activating OMS would give you…
- Mobile text and multimedia messages sent directly from your computer
- Have emails, reminders, and calendar summaries forwarded to your mobile phone
- Send SMS message(s) to single or multiple mobile and UK landline numbers
- Send both SMS and emails at the same time
- Runs in the background and notifies you of received messages
- Create your own mobile address books within Outlook
- Create distribution lists, just as you would normal email mailing lists, and combine the two
- Schedule your messages to be sent at a later date (Outbox)
- Receive SMS messages directly to your Outlook Inbox with a Virtual Mobile Number
- Outlook folder management tools for organising and managing your messages
To view more screenshots of Outlook Mobile Service click here.
To download the information sheet (PDF) for OMS click here.
To download the OMS Quick Start Guide click here.
For more information on OMS or for help activating it with your account call us free on 0800 954 5305 or email email@example.com