SMS Alerts! SMS Messaging for The IT Industry
The life of an IT administrator or manager is a constant battle with the equipment and software they manage. Something always fails, usually at the most inopportune moment. If the issue isn’t fixed in a reasonable time, there are usually consequences in one form or another.
So how can you use SMS alerts to make sure your IT team is always aware of issues and the need to fix them quickly?
Use SMS messaging to notify staff immediately when a problem occurs.
Here are a few examples of how you can use it to improve response times, reduce costs, and impacts of downtime:
- Hardware failures – When a storage device, network router, or server fails no one is happy. Even when you’re running management software that will immediately re-provision the downed resource, someone still needs to come in and fix the broken one. If the repair isn’t made quickly, the remaining systems could become stressed.
- Security breaches – If there’s one issue that needs to be addressed immediately it’s security. Whether it is a new vulnerability that needs to be patched or an active hacking attempt, your system can notify the appropriate person via SMS alerts.
- Client technical issues or changes – IT service providers work hard to keep their infrastructure up and running for their client bases. Since they are providing a service it’s important to be responsive to client requests and issues. SMS messaging can be a great way to contact support for immediate assistance, especially after hours.
- Power outages or disasters – A loss of power or disaster is probably one of the most stressful times for IT staff. Depending on the types of disaster recovery options in place, there could be a whirlwind of activity to get the systems back up in a new location. The faster the staff gets the message, the faster recovery can be.
- Staff rostering – If you have a rota on “on call” engineers or technicians on standby to deal with problems you can use SMS to bring problems to their attention, even if they are not sat at their computer. you can also create groups of numbers so teams can be informed as well as individuals.
IT departments can easily set up message services for all these situations and any other that requires immediate notification. You have a person or call centre send the messages, or integrate directly into applications using an SMS API.
We have many customers using our SMS API for IT support and monitoring. To find out more, contact us via email, chat, phone or by using the contact form below. If you have an interesting use for SMS alerts please share it with us.
What is one almost guaranteed way of getting new customers? Ask for them. Really. Studies show that 83% of satisfied customers are willing to recommend a company, product or service to their family and friends. Here's how you can use SMS to simplify and improve your referral marketing.
Often people think SMS messaging costs a lot of money. Particularly when they plan on sending thousands of messages. So in this blog I want to walk through an example of how much money SMS messaging can actually save property managers and housing associations.
Discount codes, limited time sales, special exclusive pricing...you may have seen, or used, all of these in a text message campaign. For retailers, it is the most obvious and direct use of SMS marketing. It works and it's cost effective. But are there other ways you can put your SMS channel to work for you?
SMS messaging supports all sorts of use cases. Most of the time, businesses consider it an expense. But for some businesses, there's a method that could turn that expense into income. See some examples of how it works, and if it might be for you in this blog.
People have their mobiles within arm’s reach about 22 hours of every day. That means even while they are sleeping! It makes sense then, that if you want to remind someone of an important event (an appointment with your small business for example) you should use their mobile.
When you think about your SMS marketing campaigns would you label them as fun? Is there any aspect of your SMS marketing or loyalty program that you think customers would call fun? If so, you're going to love what you read in this blog. If not, then you need to read this blog. It turns out that a little bit of fun and games can keep your customers more engaged – and more loyal.
Shoppers are very tech savvy. Even when they shop in store they are using their mobiles to do price comparisons, look up reviews or post on social media. And while your customers are busy using tech, your store needs to be using it too. SMS is one of those technologies that can really enhance the shopping experience whether your shoppers are in store, or not.
The recent weather likely has many people thinking about their summer holiday. It's great news for travel agents looking to book ahead for the coming months. If you're a travel agent, SMS messaging is fast becoming a primary way to communicate with your clients.